Monday, May 15, 2017

May 2017: Papertrey Ink's "Create Along With Us"

It's release day!  As far as new stuff, this month's release contains a couple must haves for me:


 BUT, no shopping for me tonight! I'm waiting for a few out of stock items to round an order out.  I will have to place it soon with the Vault being retired. Must... work... on... patience.

To tide me over, I'm crafting!  Hopefully, I won't have to wait long.  

The challenge today is to take inspiration from the release and come up with a project using Papertrey Ink goodness in our own interpretation.   I was drawn to Nichole's card:

From Nichole's blog at Papertrey Ink
She focused on a few new products, including:
Mix and Mat:  Herringbone
Ivy & Bloom
Ways to Say:  Sympathy


I decided to use a more neutral palate and pulled out:
Birds of a Feather
Larger than Life
Garden Gate Kit stencil:  Lattice



I liked the crafty look of the Ivy in the Ivy & Bloom set, so I decided to just cut the botanical images out of card stock rather than stamp them as well.  I like the textures at play on this card.  I'll admit, I was going for the hummingbird, but thought he was pointed to the left, when in fact he flies to the right.  His little friend saves the day with an addition of a few more grasses.  I like it better this way!

Thank you for stopping by!  Don't forget to check out all of the entries in this month's challenge. along with all the goodness!




Additional players:
Some PTI card stock in Olive Twist, Harvest Gold, Simply Chartreuse and Lemon Tart
Ink:  PTI Olive Twist &Smokey Shadow, along with Memento Tuxedo Black, Versamark Embossing Pad, Clear embossing powder & Tim Holtz Distress Inks






13 comments:

  1. Simply beautiful! Very serene.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty, I love that font as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I love the background you made!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful sympathy card Jill, the stenciling is a perfect background

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, this is one beautifully created sympathy card, Jill! The colors are perfect !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a soothing color palette for a card you really don't want to have to make! Well Done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful job with your stencil and I love the little bird.

    ReplyDelete
  8. VERY NICE! I LOVE the colors you've chosen & what you've done with this! ;) LOVE that little bird too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card Jill...especially like the little bird on the sentiment strip and the stenciled lattice background! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a beautiful Sympathy card! Loooooove the design and layout! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely beautiful & perfect for a sympathy card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your neutral pallette! I always like to use those kinds of tones/colors for sympathy cards as well. You've done a great job of putting all the elements of your card together just right. Great card!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you all for reading, and for the kind words.

    ReplyDelete