Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Papertrey July Blog Hop Challenge

This has been a crazy CRAZY month!  Mother Nature has given us a run for our money, that's for sure.  Feels good to slow down and do a little card making.  Granted, I'd have had this posted 2 hours ago were it not for the Orangeville Carnival (and trying to get there between the rain drops!)  The Teaberry ice cream was a subtle start, but really packed the flavor by the end of my scoop.


For July, we were given this photo for our inspiration.



Much like my ice cream, it was a slow start, but I found the more I looked, the more I liked.
And, a huge plus, ZERO calories.

I was initially drawn to the ribbon spilling in the corner.  I wasn't sure how to interpret it but I just kept coming back around and around to it.  



I really wanted to make it the focal point of the card.  After a couple different approaches, I went with Papertrey Ink Fresh Snow Twill Tape sprayed with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in blue.  It wasn't as easy to get an ombre effect as I had hoped, but I do like the subtle variegation.  Neat discovery--if you apply light heat to the twill tape, it will melt slightly and warp, which was just perfect!

The card was stamped with PTI Inks on White Cardstock with a sentiment in Blueberry Sky.
The leaves are stamped in Spring Moss, Ripe Avocodo and Simply Chartreuse.  The flower is stamped in Lemon Tart, Sweet Blush and Soft Stone.  The panel was bumped up with foam tape and the clear drop embellishments are from Simon Says Stamp.

The stamps and dies are all Papertrey Ink:

Lots of great cards in this month's hop which you can see by following this link HERE.










13 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Wonderful take on the inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is delightful. Going to try your slaying technique. Although I don't have twill tape in fresh snow. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was hoping someone would go with the beautiful ribbon in the photo, and you nailed it! This is just gorgeous. Lovely wedding card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jill, this is lovely how you used the ribbon and flowers to mimic the inspiration photo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jill you card is gorgeous! I love the ribbon laced through it...so, so pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just beautiful! I love how the ribbon trails through your card. Stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty! I love the added touch of ribbon on there as well. Great take on the inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your ribbion is incredible! Wonderful take on the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely beautiful Jill and a perfect wedding card!! LOVE how you have the ribbon trailing through the card...perfection!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I love that ribbon cascading across your card! It's the perfect detail in your design.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you all! :) Congratulations Nancy and Corinna!

    ReplyDelete