Friday, January 25, 2019

Papertrey Ink January Blog Hop Challenge.

Happy New Year!

Long time, no blog.  Time to fix that.   Might as well start with the customer blog hop.


The inspiration for this month:




I have to admit, this is not my favorite inspiration photo.  I thought it was a bit dark and almost sad.   I was on Facebook, chatting with fellow stamping friends who also love Papertrey Ink about the inspiration photo and the chatter shifted toward weddings and wedding cake.  I remembered my own wedding cake, which was the result of some serious wedding stress.  There was black on that, too--gotta love the 80's!  Those girls had me laughing so hard!  It really turned my mood around.  They inspired me to make this card.



I decided to some of my favorite stamps for this challenge.  The sentiment is from Graceful Greetings.  I love a stamped word with a matching die.  It has such a polished look and this one seems to make its way out to my MISTI on a regular basis.  For the flowers, I used stamps from Gran's Garden and  Forget-Me-Not.  I used a hexagon stencil from the Stencil Basics collection with some embossing paste on white for my canvas.  This was then accented with Bitty Big paper in True Black and some shiny gold paper strips.

Thanks for stopping by!

Enjoy the hop HERE



15 comments:

  1. This is one BEAUTIFUL and elegant card...LOVE it!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely inspired design! Beautiful layered flowers and die cut sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent interpretation of the inspiration photo. Love your colors

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW...your card is stunning and is anything but sad!! While I love the cake in the photo, I couldn't quite get where it would fit for a baby theme since it was so elegant...but what do I know?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! The baby label didn't work in my brain either. Thanks!

      Delete
  5. Beautiful take on the challenge. Love you black and white stripes and lovely spray of flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a terrific take on the challenge Jill. Those elegant soft blossoms are so lovely. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, is this card gorgeous. Your flowers are so very pretty and perfectly arranged and I love that hexagon texture.

    ReplyDelete