Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Papertrey Ink April Blog Hop Challenge



Yes, that's right.  It does say April.  Oh, Income Tax season, you are demanding.  Decided to get this month's Blog Hop card actually ON the blog.

We were given this lovely ladylike stack of tea cups for inspiration.  I couldn't decide if I thought the photo was aqua or blue and kept going back and forth.  Made me think of that striped dress on Facebook several years back. 


And here is my take:




My design played on the stripes from Bitty Big paper in Aqua Mist Spring Rain Aqua Mist to mimic the subtle striping in the teacups.  I also accented the stripes with gold glitter washi tape to represent the gilding.  The floral set, Bigger Blooms, is new to me although it is on this spring's retirement list.  The sentiment is from Signature Greetings, stamped in black pigment ink and embossed with clear powder.  Most of the inks are Papertrey Ink with the exception of Tsukinko's Delicata ink in Golden Glitz.  My colors are Bright Buttercup, Scarlet Jewel, Hibiscus Burst, Raspberry Fizz, Pinefeather, New Leaf and Hawaiian Shores.

Thank you for stopping by.  
Check out the rest of the hop HERE

21 comments:

  1. I love the stripes and the glitter. Your flowers are very colorful and I love how they are grouped together. Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the added gold washi tape detailing! Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you may have sold a few more of these Bigger Blooms Stamps Sets with your GORGEOUS CREATION!!! LOOOOVE the stripes & the blooms! The gold just makes your card SHINE! SUPER JOB on this challenge!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your combination of stripes and flowers is absolutely GORGEOUS...love this!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your separate stacks of blooms and the glitzy gold washi tape totally rock this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful card! The gold looks perfect with your design.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the striped paper!! Your flowers are so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful card! You are really good at arranging floral sprays - wish I was better at that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like the aqua, white, and gold stripes—it's such a clever play on the stacked teacups. The floral clusters echo the inspiration image really well too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card! I like the stripey background - now I need glitter washi, lol! I am amazed though - I did my stamping and hand cut around it because I did NOT want to die cut all those images - you did an awesome job stamping those die cuts!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The stripes with the gold washi and your colorful blooms are very striking, Jill. Glad you used Aqua Mist instead of Spring Rain. Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stripes, flowers and gold - what's not to love? Beautifully done, Jill!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love those clusters of flowers, the stripes and the gold! Beautiful , beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  14. O my stars, this is sooo pretty! Stripes and flowers - I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you all, so much, for your kind words. Happy Mother's day!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm a huge fan of stripes and this makes me SO HAPPY! Lovely work~

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the flowers with the stripes! Super pretty take on the inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Really beautiful card! I love your little bouquets, and they are so perfect against your striped background!

    ReplyDelete